WHAT IS HEMP?
Hemp is a strain from the Cannabis sativa plant that has a multitude of uses including:
• Superfoods like hemp seeds and hemp oil
• Fiber and clothing
• Bioplastics, biofuel, and hemp-crete
• Animal feed
• And many more…
Hemp vs. Marijuana
Although hemp and marijuana are strains from the same plant, they are not the same species. Hemp has many of the same cannabinoids that are found in marijuana but the concentrations are completely different. While marijuana is abundant in THC, the psychoactive cannabinoid, It is found in negligible concentrations of <0.3% in hemp.
According to the Hemp Farming Act of 2018, it is federally LEGAL to grow and harvest hemp. (All of the hemp extract used by Sierra Juana is grown in the US.) Marijuana on the other hand, is strictly regulated state-by-state though still classified as federally illegal.
What is hemp extract?
A non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in hemp that when used regularly may:
• Reduce anxiety and stress
• Promote relaxation and have calmative effects
• Relieve pain and inflammation
• Boost the body as a strong antioxidant
• Lessen cancer-related side-effects
• Act as a neuroprotectant
• Slow the progression of aging by keeping vital organs toned
• Help with substance abuse and addiction
• Balance blood sugar
As with any herbal protocol, consistency is key. It is recommended to keep a journal or log of dosing and to note any changes.